Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I was born gay

Yes, that's it. Or maybe I should say bisexual with a very strong gay prevalence. I've always known I preferred men to women, sexually.I'm convinced sexual orientation, or the predisposition to a certain sexual orientation is innate. Once you're a teenager, you're either hetero, gay or bisexual. And I suspect that bisexuality is much more common that suspected. Many of those poor chaps that fall prey of NARTH charlatans who pretend to "cure" homosexuality are bisexuals with a fairly strong hetero prevalence but with a not negligible homosexual component. Homophobic "Christians" terrorize them in believing their occasional homosexual fantasies are an heinous sin, that they should "reform". in reality, anyone could and should accept his or her sexual orientation without absurd sense of guilt, nor do they have to think there's anything sinful in living their sexuality according to it. Only intentionally hurting or harming other people should be called sinful. As for the egodystonic homosexuals (or heterosexuals) are those at Narth so sure that torturing them with guilt trips is better than encouraging them to accept their orientation? That's not to say sexual orientation isn't subject to some change: i remember a time when my attraction to women was more strong that now. And in any case, it shouldn't be a change forced on someone on the ground of Narth's pseusdocience.
As for those homophobes "Christians" or otherwise, I say:

No comments: