Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Just Can't Understand!

You know,I work in a department of a large firm. By LOGISTIC necessity I shared office with another person, of another profession and grade. On the whole, we got along well enoughs(she had her pet peeves-like being irritated when I answer her telephone that rings and rings when she's not there- but who hasn't?). Well, some months ago the High Echelons sent to our department a guy of the same profession of my workroom companion, whitout anyone here having being explained his function. Moreover, we had no accommodation for the guy, no computer, and a salvaged desk in the corridor. Poor guy, you'll say. And I too said so. Well, soon I was treated by my roommate as a stranger, for her began to communicate almost exclusively with her rather attenuated and old looking colleague (she is married with another guy, by the way, no romantic interest, there, at least that I know of). One day, her and the guy said they had "decided" to transfer me in another room, as if they are the bosses. They aren't, and the Boss said he needs me where I am, period. And my roommate, WHO I BELIEVED WAS A FRIEND OF SORTS, now glowers at me. Hey, Lady, I'd want to say, can't help if I have a definite function, here, when nobody here has been told (at least, as far as we humble collaborators know) of the precise function of your colleague dropped here by the higher ups. She has said they need to be alone because he is doing a very important and delicate work for the government. If it's true, I haven't noticed. But it's the abrupt and bossy way they announced their intention to oust me that offended me, since, WTF? My roommate and suppiosed friend never even discussed about it with me, showing little respect for my function and my work. I'm outraged and offended. Why this betrayal?

No comments: